Summer Reading Program Week 7August 20 2020
This week for the Summer Reading Program:
- Check Me Out! New books for kids now at the library!
- Star Wars : An Obi-Wan & Anakin Adventure by Cavan Scott - With over twenty possible outcomes, readers will have to think like a true Jedi to keep Obi-Wan and Anakin safe
- City Spies by James Ponti - Five kids from all over the world transformed into real-life spies
- Wondrous Rex by Patricia Maclachlan - A magical and funny tale about the joy found in using words, sharing stories, and loving a wondrous dog named Rex
- The Bear's Garden by Marcie Colleen - In one girl's imagination, the city can be a place to grow, a place to play, a place to love
- Mythical Beasts by Andrea Mills (Level 3 reader) - Fantastic retellings of great stories from mythology, terrifying dragons and monsters, magical winged animals, and more
- This week the summer reading craft is a craft stick puzzle! Click the following link to watch a video: https://www.facebook.com/vermilionpl/videos
Lego 50 Brick Challenge: what kind of cool creation can you make with 50 Lego bricks? Take a picture and your and email: firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Facebook.
- NFB Summer Film : Invasion of the Space Lobsters - when an advanced race of giant lobsters from outer space land on Earth, no one can figure out why they've come. A complete failure to communicate on both ends leads to panic and pandemonium. Why are they here? What do they want? In this clever throwback to the '50s B-movie, a small neighborhood learns the value of clear communication.
- Click the link to watch the video: https://www.nfb.ca/film/invasion_of_the_space_lobsters
Leave a Comment